Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Write a Letter to A Service Member

My Church and many Churches do this periodically and I feel it is a good thing. Many of us have family members in the service but most of us do not. It is important at this time of year to consider the sacrifice service members are making during the holidays. Toward this end I encourage people to write letters to service members thanking them for their service. This costs almost nothing. It's a small thing to do. You can also send through your church, items of food and toiletries for those posted in far out locations. This can mean just sending some tabasco sauce or some hot chocolate packets. It's a small thing and I can always find room in my budget for the little things. That's why I like to be cheap. I like to have a little extra money for small gifts at the end of the year. Service members make such a great sacrifice to keep us safe. We have no excuse for not making a small sacrifice on their behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment