Thursday, December 29, 2011

FINANCIAL PEACE

Nothing beats the knowledge of financial security. I know that I can sleep at night because I have savings, money in the bank in case of anything. Your financial safety net makes you strong. Without a mortgage and car payments my husband and I are free to live our lives. My husband doesn't have to take a crappy job for no money. That's all that's out there right now. Employers have everyone running scared for a job. They are lowering wages while at the same time making one person do the job of three. I tell my husband "for no money you can stay home." My solution is going to be to buy something in Florida that needs work. He can add value to his own properties instead of adding value to a boss' property. I believe in working hard, but I also believe in paying the people who actually do the work. In the last thirty years the productivity of the American worker has skyrocketed. Fewer worker can now do much much more. That means there are fewer jobs. This is a structural problem for which there are no easy solutions. However instead of the gains going to the people who actually do the work, the gains have gone to upper management. The top is making a lot more money while the people who actually do the work are making less. I want out of this system. Having no debt gets me and my husband out of the rat race. Also we want less than most people. Yesterday I was in TJ Maxx. I saw a gorgeous, delicious handbag for about $100. In a way I wanted it, but knew I didn't need it and certainly didn't want to see a bill for it next month. I prefer to have financial peace and not worry about a bill. Lately I've been shopping off eBay. I sell stuff and with the money made buy stuff I want. I don't need a budget for purchases this way. I can only spend the money I make, which is a good way to live in general. I have financial peace.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    My name is Brooklyn Bagwell and I am the Casting Director for TLC's hit show Extreme Cheapskates. We're seeking extremely frugal people that find cheaper alternative ways to live their lives. I was looking through your blog and I think you would be perfect for the show.

    We’re also hoping to teach our viewers how to save money in the easiest way. I truly believe that your knowledge and advice would be great for Season 3. Plus its a great way to promote your blog! I would love to speak with you more about this opportunity!

    I look forward to hearing from you!

    Email - Brooklynbagwell11@gmail.com
    Cell – 828 442 0787

    Best,
    Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete