Thursday, December 8, 2011

Personalize Gift Bags

Start with a plain brown paper bag and use glue, glitter and crayons and ribbon to create a gift bag. This a great project for kids and for the artist within us all. I tend to re-use gift bags when I get them. I have a special storage space for such things and most of the time, I can just pull out a gift bag. But when I can't, making my own has proven to be a good and inexpensive alternative. Personally I like quirky different stuff. For bigger gifts I like papering the box over with small 9 x 11 piece of artwork. You can also put people's names on a personalized gift bag and avoid those silly little tags. By incorporating the person's name in your design, it can be read from across the room. I used to wrap gifts in the funny papers, but they stopped printing them in my area. I have also re-used wrapping paper, that can work too as can any combination of all of the above. I'm lazy as well as frugal. I also like to just stick a bow, a card with a name on a gift and drop it in a bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment