Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Use solar lights outside

I don't see the point to running electric to light up the outside of my house. I opt for solar powered lights. They light up enough and they are more practical. First of all since they don't use electric their cost is just the upfront cost for purchase. There is no added electric bill. They always go on sale and I have gotten most of mine at yard sales and church sales at deep discounts. A bargain usually needs work and the last set my hubby bought needed a little TLC, nothing a decent guy couldn't handle. Solar lights are also portable. You can pull them up and move them at will. Electric lights are less flexible. When we rented our house we brought many of the lights to our new place. Also light sensors are good for front porch lights. That way, they are not on all day when you don't need them. They just come on in the evening when you're coming home. I also don't do holiday lights, although I do enjoy seeing other people's displays. I just don't want to spend the money on the electric bill. I drive or walk through decorated towns to see Christmas lights. My tree is tiny and of the fiber optic variety. I admit to being a scrooge with the electric bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment