Monday, December 19, 2011

Photo Shop

I love the new digital cameras. I see them as money saving devices because you don't have to print the bad pictures. One of the best presents I ever got was from a photo bug friend of mine. She had already given me a whole album of gorgeous pictures of my wedding. When she handed me a small five by three photo of a tree and a sunset, it was so beautiful that I put it in a silver frame. It's still one of my favorite things. Whenever I think I'm tired of it, I just change the frame and it's brand new again. I can only hope to take a picture that is half as lovely. But despite my visual challenges I plan to start snapping pictures in the spring. I only have to print the ones that come out well. I can delete the rest. It's also a great way to Decorate on the cheap. I've seen this done on home shows. They take close up of flowers or picture's of local landmarks, blow them up and use them as art to stage houses. Frames are so easy to come by at thrift shops and yard sales. Sometimes people can't give them away. I've found frames by the side of the road more than once. My cousin gave me two small prints, gallery invitations really. I found some frames by the side of the road, and the prints fit perfectly. I gave one back so she could keep it in her apartment. I kept one for myself. We were both happy for no money. As I've written before cheap frames are also good for preserving kid's artwork. My mother still has the finger painting I did when I was five.

No comments:

Post a Comment