Monday, December 12, 2011

Silver Vs. Gold

The last time gold was really high, I was a kid and living in New York City. It was in the paper and on the news everyday that women were having gold chains ripped off their necks in the city by thieves. That was not or me. I choose early on to devote my meager jewelry budget to silver, which I liked better because it was more reflective. It popped. At least that's the way it looked to me when I was younger and had a little more eyesight. Also you got a lot more bang for you buck with silver. You could buy a whole lot more. I still prefer silver to gold. This year with the price of gold hitting all time highs, I sold off most everything I had. Funny but I had gotten a few gifts of gold jewelry. All I have left is a charm bracelet my father gave me as a child. I also sold off much of my silver when prices went sky high. Then when prices stabilized and stared to go back down, I bought it all back, but I got stuff I really liked. I've used the new stuff more than I ever used the stuff I sold off. I also buy a lot of costume jewelry. That stuff is very cheap and unique. I sometimes buy pins for a quarter. I use them for a while and then I re-sell them on eBay and buy some silver charms to add to my silver charm bracelets. I love my silver charm bracelets because they are fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment