Friday, December 23, 2011

TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF

I've been posting 5 days a week for many months and now it's time for me to stop. I have talked about just about everything I know on being Cheap. The best way to refill when the well goes dry is to take a break. Back when both I and my husband were working, we would often take mini vacations just to relax and get away. Mini vacations are pretty cheap. We would go somewhere close overnight and have a very nice time. I packed food of course. Most times the food bag was heavier than my weekend bag. The small expense was well worth it. My favorite getaway was Black Friday. Everyone was shopping and the pool was empty. Even though I'm cheap, I do believe in treating myself to making good memories. I don't get my hair or nails done, but I do like to go away for a bit even if it's only overnight. Next year we will be taking a trip to Florida to look for a house. After that we will be traveling down there regularly to get away and put the place together with second hand furniture and mismatched plates. We will also use the place as a getaway from the cold. I also reached out to my old job and I may be going back part time, if my health can handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment