Monday, December 5, 2011

Enjoy the Free Spirit of Christmas

Many towns have displays for Christmas that are free. This weekend I enjoyed a fabulous Christmas celebration for virtually no money. This weekend I went up to Rhinebeck for Sinterklaas. We all had a wonderful time. We did not pack sandwiches but luckily some of the churches were serving lunch for donation. We had some delicious soup and coffee and cookies and then we were off to a string of small holiday concerts. We hopped from Church to Church until about five pm. We also enjoyed some free street theater. We could have gone to another church for a spaghetti dinner but after asking the locals we decided to go to a pub like restaurant. Rhinebeck is a bit tony and high class for us so pub food seemed like a good idea. Foster's Stagecoach Tavern is a great inexpensive place to eat. I have never had a bad meal in a pub and this place was no exception. I had a burger with steak fries for 7 bucks. They were some of the best fries I have ever tasted. Once in a while I have a not so healthy food. To be honest I can't really remember the last time I had fries. We stayed after dinner to enjoy the parade. There were a lot of people and seemed like even more cars. But my husband chatted up a local and got the shortcut out of town. We were home in record time. The parade was Magical and the whole day is a perfect memory. All this fun was very inexpensive. Most of the time you don't have to spend a lot of money to have a good time. The best things in life are free.

No comments:

Post a Comment