Thursday, December 8, 2011

Use Cloth Napkins

Now this sounds a little old fashioned but it works. It doesn't mean you have to spend your day ironing. There are plenty of polyester blend napkins at yard sales. I like to mix and match. Everyone had a different napkin. After a few days they get thrown in the wash with sundries and are quickly folded to prevent wrinkles. For years I swore by cheap paper napkins from the dollar store. Then one day I just ran out and couldn't make it to the store. I raided my linen closet and found the solution. I have always used dish towels so moving over to cloth napkins was not such a big step. My napkins are all mismatched but I like them. I pick them up for pennies at yard sales. I can also differentiate between everyone's napkin if they are all different. Every few days I can just throw them in the wash with the dish towels and lay them out to dry. They all have some polyester fiber content, so they come out okay. I save the paper for company or I use the nice linen all matched napkins that I wash and brush over with the iron once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment