Monday, December 26, 2011

Great Christmas

I had a really great Christmas on the cheap. I made a vegetable lasagna and got together with friends. They were all struggling artist types and after the meal we started jamming and sung folk songs. It was a lot of fun. I was all sung out though because the choir had two services on Christmas Eve followed by a service on Christmas morning. There were just too many hymns and way too many verses. I sang six verses of Joy to the World. I didn't know there were that many verses. I almost closed the book after verse number four but luckily I checked the next page first and kept it open for the last two verses. It was a beautiful service and I was so glad that I was in Church surrounded by wonderful people. And although it's a cliche, the best things in life are free. Well almost, through my penny pinching I was able to give money to my church this year. It was money I didn't think I would have, but I found it waiting for me when I needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment