Friday, August 5, 2011

Tip Well for Real Service

I like having money but I also like to tip well. Tipping is paticularly important when someone performs a real service. My mother bought a foreclosed house last year that seemed to have gas hook ups in the basement. But when we called the service provider, they started giving us the run around. There was no gas. The house never had gas. It's going to cost you $5000. Luckily my husband is a real guy's guy and he saw someone from the gas company working at a house down the street. He talked to the guy and within a week, the gas company was knocking on our door to hook up the gas. I don't give bribes, but if someone does me a solid, I see no reason why I can't buy him lunch. That is the way things get done in this world. Money talks. I've been in the hospital and seen certain patients get exceptional care. The family is giving tips. I know this. There is no point in bemoaning reality. I just know that when the time comes I want to have the money to tip well. Tipping is becoming more and more necessary since employers don't pay a living wage. Ever wonder why getting service in a store is impossible. Employers are hiring less, much less. One person is doing the job of three. A kind word and a smile will go a long way to geting better service. My husband always gets great service. He reads the workers name plate and chats them up. Its takes so little. People just want to be appreciated. In return he gets all the best discounts when shpping.

No comments:

Post a Comment