Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cheaper Beauty Products

I don't buy expensive moisterizers. I make my own. I can usually get a small bottle of a good base moisturizer at the dollar store. Last time I got Dermasil. I take some out to make room. I then add some sunscreen SPF 50, I also put in a little vitamin E. Go easy on the vitamin E, since it irritates some people's skin. Lately I have also taken to adding some vitamin A and D cream to the mix. This works well, but if you find the cream is a bit thick, loosen it up with some mineral oil. Mineral oil is the base for all skin lotions anyway. I drop in a ball bearing or glass bead for mixing. Shake it up and there you have it, inepensive but great morning moisturizer. I never liked spending money at the beauty counter. I always shop at the drug store which is cheaper and quite comparable. I never buy made in China for either my skin or my belly. I don't really trust the ingredients enough, but anything made in the USA or Canada is fine. Mostly I believe that it's better to put good food in your stomach than cream on your face. Milk of Magnesia is great for the skin.  Also many natural foods make good skin treatments, I like milk and honey washes and lemon as an astringent. The cheapest beauty secret is to eat a lot of fresh fruit and sleep well at night. Plan an eight or nine hour per night  minimum for best results. Take a refreshing cat nap daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment