Tuesday, August 16, 2011

September VOGUE

Every year I invest in a copy of the September Vogue.  It's my fashion Bible for the Fall.  I look through it and search out what's in style.  This year it seems that red is the hot, hot color, which is good.  I have plenty of red in my waredrobe already.  I just need to tweak a couple of things to look mod and up to date.  Although I prefer to be stylish rather than fashionable, I have no trouble picking up something that reflects the latest trends.  It adds a little something to the look.  More than anything I like stuff that is retro and just a little out there.  I don't really care if it's in, I'd rather be wearing something no one else has than something everyone has.  Retro makes that easy.  In addition when you see something older that still looks good, it says something about the intrinsic worth of the design.  I like to collect vintage designer scarves for this reason.  They may be old but they still manage to look fresh because they are like art work that never goes out of style.   The September Vogue is generally good for two years, but I treat myself to a copy every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment