Monday, August 8, 2011

MONEY IS POWER

Keep your money until your money can keep you. Struggle some now and later you will reap great rewards. As Dave Ramsey say's, "Live like no one else, so you can really live like no one else". The reason for being cheap is to build up enough of a reserve to take advantage of opportunities. Finding an undervalued area with great growth potential is the key. Right now there are people buying investment properties. I can't afford that. I'll be happy to get a bungalow in Florida for my golden years. But if I had more, I'd be buying houses too. The rental market is strong in my community. I could buy a house and have a renter pay it off. But I'm cheap and very risk averse. Although, Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You can not be afraid of risk. And yet I know I could make myself rich, if I took the plunge and bought another house to rent. Maybe I will do it to make money for the future. I can always buy something in Florida with the profits. But I admit I would be a lot more comfortable if my husband had a steady job to help out if we got into trouble. On the one hand, I'm afraid and on the other hand I believe in this town and am certain that this is a rare opportunity in the real estate market.

No comments:

Post a Comment