Thursday, October 20, 2011

Write Letters

I really like writing letters.  But I have trouble finding corespondents.  Mt last pen pal had the bad manners to die on me.  Letters can be so much better than telephone calls.  One o my favorite letter writing exercises is to write a Christmas letter.  This is great if you are far from people and want to get them up to date on your life.  Sometimes I send a card also but not always.  A letter is something that stays with you for a time.  I still have the letters my deceased friend wrote.  Since I do mine on the computer, I have both sides of the correspondence.  I have moved a couple of times since she died, but I can still keep her close.  With a phone call, there is nothing left after you hang up.  There is something to be said for the old technologies. Sometimes new isn't necessarily better.

No comments:

Post a Comment