Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Take your Vitamins and Minerals

I was having trouble with my digestion after my stroke. My bowel movements were very irregular.  This was a new phenomenon for me.  I found it very distressing.  Then I heard that magnesium can help with issues of regularity.  It worked.  I was so happy.  For many years I refused to take any vitamins.  I was always encouraged to take iron.  But I found that my body dumped the mineral into my urine.  I didn't take iron because I wasn't absorbing it.  I became anemic and the doctors recommended ferrous gluconate.  I tried it and kept taking it because it gave me good results.  Within a couple of days my cheeks were rosy and it wasn't darkening my urine.   Things change.  Vitamins are better than ever while our food is getting worse.  I take vitamins now and they are making me feel better.  The soil where our food is grown is being depleted by industrial farming.  Try to get away from that kind of food.  It is empty of the micro nutrients the body craves.  I have noticed when I eat from the garden, I am satiated quickly.  When I eat fast food I am hungry for hours afterwards.  Let's face it, our food stinks.  It's really just packaged poison.  Sometimes I think the food companies and pharmaceutical companies are in cahoots.  They want to make us sick and unhealthy so they can push their drugs on us. As for me, I'd rather stay healthy and not take medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment