Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cruisewear

I felt a little like a greedy Wall Street Banker this weekend. Our area had two big church sales and one clothing swap. I came home with bags of stuff. I spent most of Sunday washing and drying. I got mostly summer stuff because I went to the church sales and bought up at $2 a bag summer clothes which I could roll and pack tightly. I was looking for stuff to wear on a cruise. I look for anything that is shiny and dressy but not too heavy. I like to travel light but mostly what I need is evening wear. People get tired of their evening wear very quickly so I always find lots of shiny stuff that is easy to pack. I also took some of my old stuff to the swap. I try to get stuff that doesn't wrinkle or need ironing and that I can rinse out in the sink if necessary. The trick with cruise wear is to take enough but not too much. I always seem to take too much. I am in the habit of wearing my clothes more than once and so even if I only take one outfit for each day, I still take too much. But this year I am taking a smaller bag to make things easier and discipline myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment