Monday, October 24, 2011

Get a Service Provider in a Less Affulent Area

My mother needs to have platforms put on her shoes.  The last time we went to a high priced shoe repair shop for the work.  We went to a town down the road which is much more upper class than where I live   My area is still in transition.  My mother kind of likes spending money which is okay because she has it.  The repair cost a small fortune. When the time came for me to have heels put on a pair of boots, I decided to shop around.  I had a budget of $20.  I found a place in my town, which is not as pricey as the town next door.  I got the repair done for $15.  The work was very well done and from now on my mother will be using the local shoe repair shop.  This works in big cities too.  Getting something dry cleaned in a part of town that is perceived as upscale can cost you.  Most f the time yo can get the same work done in a less affluent neighborhood.  It may mean a bit if a commute but the savings might be worth it.  I stopped buying dry cleanable stuff years ago.  I found the best way to keep my expenses low was to get stuff  I could clean myself.  But shoe repair is not a DIY project.  I got my boots years ago and now, quite frankly, I just can't replace them.  Repair is my best and cheapest option.  There was a time just a few years ago when I could replace them for less than than cost of repair.  But those days are gone.  China is raising the price of its goods and improving the quality too.  This is to be expected.  It's a natural progression.  The same thing happened with Japanese products in the 60's and 70's.  I can remember that we used to laugh at Hondas and Toyotas.  Those days are long gone

No comments:

Post a Comment