Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Do You Want It or Do You Need It?

There's a difference and you need to know it.  You don't have to buy everything you want.  Sometimes it's good to wait for something.  Put off major purchases for at least one week.  Sleep on it.  You may find that the thing you can't live without is not that important.  In the meantime, if you still want it, try getting it for less.  Look online or go to the Goodwill.  Odds are that what you want can be bought for less.  Ask your friends, maybe they have one.  Always wait for the next generation when it comes to electronics.  My husband made the mistake of buying one of the first flat screen TV's.  It didn't work out well for us and cost a lot of money.  I learned that lesson and never bought a smart phone.  I may never buy one.  I just replace my flip phone periodically.  I don't text and I don't need to be online all the time.  Also I like to keep my expenses low.  I don't need a WiFi bill.  My family has offered to buy me an I Pad but I don't want another bill.  I think I will just get myself a laptop instead.  I can afford to buy it,  but do I really want it or need it?  I'll see.  My cheapness often saves me from silly expenditures.

1 comment:

  1. It's cheaper to get a laptop because then you have your same internet bill.

    ReplyDelete