Thursday, October 6, 2011

Eat it Raw

What little nutrients our food has gets destroyed in cooking.  Lately I have been eating my vegetables raw in order to get the most out of them.  I don't have lifestyle health issues like high cholesterol or diabetes.  I'm a little overweight but I have low blood pressure.  Also I want to get used to eating my food raw because you never know.  I want to get a place in Florida but I may not have a working kitchen at first.  In fact one never knows what could happen.  It's not a bad idea to figure out ways to survive and thrive in different circumstances.  What if someday I have to live in a rented room and do not have access to a place to cook.   I believe in being ready for anything.  I remember once living and eating for months with only a kettle, a hot plate and a shared refrigerator.   Somehow I managed.  It's nice to know I can manage in those conditions.  The truth is no one knows the future. anything can happen.  One year we lost power up here and my mother made dinner in the fireplace.  She's a country girl and it was pretty impressive.  All the roads were blocked, so we couldn't have gone out to dinner even if we wanted to.  Good thing we found a way around the problem.  It's important to be flexible and resourceful.

2 comments:

  1. Raw veggies taste better. Also with cooked veggies, especially in restaurants, you have to watch out for the salt. Better stick to the salad when you go out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, not to mention that most times the veggies in the restaurant are frozen too.

    ReplyDelete