Monday, October 31, 2011

Buy Top Quality Secondhand

Never buy secondhand what you can afford to get brand new. I always look for rare designer stuff, I can't afford when I shop second hand. Two weekends ago my mother almost bought a vase, which looked nice enough but was from teleflora. I had to stop her. It was only a dollar but it wasn't worth even that little. At the next tag sale I came across a nice murano glass vase for two bucks. It was definitely worth more and so she happily bought it. Just because you're saving money, doesn't mean you have to be cheap. Always buy the best. I like second hand furniture because it's so sturdy. You can update anything with paint, stain or a change of hardware. But for the most part well made things always look good anyway. When it comes to clothes the same rules apply. I look for beautiful well made stuff. I buy silk scarves by the fist full whenever I can. I buy vintage that lasts me forever. I look at labels when I buy secondhand. I just got a Versace sweater for pennies two weekends ago. Even if I don't want it I know I can always turn it around at the consignment shop. It's a good thing with a brand name. I could never buy it for myself new. I once got a beautiful Ann Taylor silk jacket which I still wear because it's such a classic, Top designers are so far ahead of the game that their stiff looks good for years. Always buy top quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment