Friday, October 28, 2011

PHANTOM LOADS: Buy a Power Strip

The new electronics are always on. I remember the days when I had a $30 electric bill. But I haven't seen one of those in years because nowadays everything is on all the time. These huge electric bills are driving me nuts. I want to get solar panels on the roof. But in the meantime I am going to get power strips for everything in the house. I used to do this but when I moved,I mislaid many of my power strips. What I used to do was flip the switch on the TV's at night and turn it all back on in the morning. The only downside is that the cable box needs a few minutes to re-boot. In the old days when you turned something off, it was off. Not now. Also unplug the phone charger when it's not in use. That sucks juice too even if the phone isn't being charged. If a thing is still warm after you turn it off or if it has a light gleaming, it's sucking juice. And that for me is just money down the drain.

No comments:

Post a Comment