Friday, September 2, 2011

Splurge on Peak Experiences

    The Culinary Institute of America  "CIA" is a fabulous place to eat.  I went there for my 5th year anniversary meal and had lovely late lunch early dinner for $88, including tax and tip.  It may sound like a lot of money but the food was out of this world as was the ambiance and service.  We had a wonderful time.  It was a lot like being on the cruise ship but the food was even fresher because they grow it in the backyard.  I don't mind paying for peak experiences.  No one can take away the memory of my dinner.  I can lose a camera or a piece of jewelry but my experiences I can keep forever.  I got babied that day.  They brought the food, took away the plates and I had nothing to do but enjoy myself.  I am plenty frugal throughout the year.  I can afford to take a break from it once in a while.  Spend money on peak experiences.  Stuff is way over rated.  I get less pleasure from my stuff than I would have ever imagined.  Most of the time my stuff is all about work and worry .
    I bought a beautiful pair of earrings at a tag sale this summer.  I converted them to clip-on. I wore them once and promptly lost one earring.  It turned up this weekend under the couch, but still who needs the jazz.  In a way I might be happier with a lot less stuff.  The problem is that although I give away and sell lots of things, I still have so much more.  More just keeps coming, the Law of Attraction at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment