Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Live near richer people

It's the strangest thing but sometimes in the more expensive neighborhoods people just throw out stuff.  I'm always looking at Craigslist and I have figured out that I should never have to buy furniture again.  I am much more likely to pick it up for free.  This year we got a great slider rocker for the front porch and tons of other stuff for the garden on the side of the road.  Just this weekend my husband picked up a beautiful 6 speed Bratz bicycle with a basket for my niece.  We were coming back from the store in a driving rain and he saw two bikes on the street in the garbage.  He threw it in the trunk, got it home, tuned it up and my niece rode it all weekend.  She even got to take it home. People throw out stuff for all the wrong reasons.  The chain and kick stand on the bicycle was a bit loose. My husband tightened it up added air and it was fine & beautiful.  I don't understand why people throw away good things.  Even if you have the money or think you do, it's a shame to waste resources.  My thing is that life is very random.  I have been sick all my life and I know that at any moment things can change.  Everything is going along well  you have plans, until suddenly life throws you a curveball.  No one is immune.  In the meantime, conserve as much as you can and have that rainy day fund in place before the flood comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment