Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Save money on Energy: Buy Compact Florescents

Lower your energy consumption to save money.   In my first apartment the maintenance included the electric bill.  I had no idea how much money I was wasting until I got a place where I had to pay for electric separately.  The first thing I did after I got my first bill was to run out and buy compact flourescent bulbs for the whole house.  At first I found it difficult to read in bed till I got a more powerful bulb and solved the issue.  I saved a lot of money that month and for many months after.  Don't beleive the nonsense about energy effiicency.  I also wised up and bought a new refridgerator.  If your fridge is more than five years old, buy a new one.  It will pay for itself in no time.  In general don't believe the anti-green propaganda.  That's just the oil, gas and dirty coal interests trying to keep a hold on your money.  Green is Good and it will save you money.  I did many of the things they say won't save money and I am richer for it.  In my next house I am getting solar panels even though some say they are not really efficient.  I don't believe it.  I think going green is patriotic.  I would like to see the whole USA become energy independant.  While China and India fight it out for oil and gas, we can sit back and count our money.

No comments:

Post a Comment