Friday, July 1, 2011

NEVER BUY FROM A TV INFOMERCIAL

It's late and you can't sleep while surfing down your TV channels you come across an infomercial. They have a good pitch, they all do. My advice is never ever buy into their sales talk. If the product is really that good and worthwhile, eventually it will find its way into a legitimate retailer. Also these days many malls have an as seen on TV store where you can examine the product carefully and forgo the shipping and handling charges. Never ever buy from TV and certainly don't get fooled by the "get one free" just pay the extra shipping. Once you get on the phone with these people you'll find they are very well trained to talk you into buying more. Don't be fooled, they are professionals. Never accept a 30 day trail offer either. You'll never remember to call to cancel and get stuck paying the whole bill. Also never buy the latest, greatest exercise equipment that willl leave you trim and slim in weeks with seemingly no effort. Sure they have testimonials from people who supposedly lost 100 pounds. What they don't tell you is that the testimonials come from very athletic people who broke a leg or something and stopped exercising thus gaining weight. Once they were healed, the weight came off rapidly because these people had good eating habits and followed exercise regimens anyway. I recently bought myself a stationary bicycle. I am trying to build up my strength after my stroke. I hope to be able to go back to work someday soon. I don't like being on disability. I want to make more money. I loved my job. I miss my job. I spent five bucks for the bike at a tag sale. Five dollars certainly beats spending $300 on an informercial. If I stop using it, I can always re-sell and recoup my investment. One last tip, if you are even considering buying something on TV Google first. One afternoon I left my mother alone at home while I went tagging with my husband. When we got back she told us that she had won a nearly free trip to Florida. The coupons were coming. I went upstairs and googled the company and found out it was a scam. It took a couple of days and a lot of phone calls, but we were able to get her money back. Never ever buy anything off the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment