Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cheap Indulgences

Every once in a while I like to take my savings and treat myself. I was planning to take myself out to tea, but then I thought about it. It would have cost $20 but I could do much more with the same money. I could go to the movies and have tea. And I could buy myself better food than I would be served. I can make myself a variety of small sandwiches: cream cheese and smoked salmon, cheese and jelly, cucumber and I could easily bake myself a small cake and served myself some biscuits. I have most of the stuff in my fridge anyway. Although I will be making and serving myself, it will still be an indulgence. I once made such a tea for a friend of mine. She was very impressed but balked at doing the work herself even though the payoff was so great. It's just a little work, not even as much as making dinner.
Another favorite indulgence of mine is a bubble bath. I pick up stuff all summer for bubble baths in the winter. I'm lazy so I usually buy a little Mr. Bubble to mix in with more expensive bubble bath potions. That way I don't have to clean the tub after. I like to take baths on Saturday afternoons then crawl into bed for a nap before going out on the town on Saturday night

No comments:

Post a Comment