Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Men's Clothing

When I first met my husband, I could tell he didn't have much money by his clothes. After a while I told him to bring all his stuff to my apartment, he didn't have much. I sorted through everything and created a discard pile and a very small keeper pile. As I sorted, I asked him to try things on. I got rid of most of his clothes. He cried, but in a matter of weeks I rebuilt his wardrobe. In fact he was planing a little trip to New Mexico and by the time he left, he had a lovely wardrobe. He said he had never dressed so well. The trick was to have stuff he actually needed and would wear. Most people, including me, have closet clutter. Lots of clothes but nothing to wear. I started making outfits for my husband, then boyfriend. This goes with that, etc. The system works really well. Most men need three pairs of slacks, three pairs of shorts, one suit and a variety of coordinating shirts. He was done in no time. He had less clothing but more outfits and was better dressed. My husband is casual. He got his one suit at J.C. Penney's and it works well for him. He wears it rarely and he looks good. Get rid of closet clutter. Sell or give away the stuff that no longer looks good on you,doesn't fit, doesn't get worn, is out of date or just doesn't go with anything. Get rid of yesterday's clothes and don't buy tomorrow clothes (things that will fit after the diet works).

No comments:

Post a Comment