Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Saving money is hard work

I love saving money. I started doing it because I was ill and just couldn't work long hours and make the big money. But now frugality has become a way of life for me and I like it. But it takes hard work. Listing on eBay is tedious and time consuming. Packing and shipping things is no fun either. Sanding tables and repainting is tough too. But there is a sense of achievement that comes when things get done. I enjoy doing all the little things that save my household money and make my life better. But it is hard work. Some people might feel sorry for me, or look down on me because I can't afford to spend the money. Now that's fine for them, but I am proud to wear second hand clothes and buy used stuff at yard sales. My wardrobe is unique. I can afford loads of stuff and with a washing, it becomes new to me. Sometimes I buy new but in the end I tend to regret it because I eventuallly run into the same sort of thing at a tag sale. I prefer to spend my money on experiences like travel. No one can take that away. Someone can steal my computer or my big screen TV. But whatI have lived and seen and experienced is mine forever. Even my plans for the future, my Florida purchase, is my dream and something that once accomplished will be mine forever. The Cheapest Woman Alive Meets Her Retirement Goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment