Monday, June 20, 2011

Eat Clean Food Only

90% of seniors are on at least one prescription medication. My mother who will be 80 in January is on at least five (5). I have decided not to be like that. I cannot pop pills. Right now I am on an aspirin and vitamin regimen, but that's it. I drink yerba matte twice daily. I have low blood pressure and even lower cholesterol and my doctors were mystified when I had a stroke. They tried to tell me I had lupus, but I said, "No thank you." Drugs don't solve any health problems. There are very few medications that actually fix anything. Penecillin works and so did TPA, the clot busting drug that saved my life. Doctors are astounded when they cure something. The best they can hope for is to "manage" symptoms. It seems crazy, but food is the best medicine. Having said that, the kind of food eaten is very important. In my home as we get older we are trying to lose weight, which is the best indicator for health. The heavier you are as you get older, the sicker you are and the more meds you end up on. Sometimes I think the food companies and the pharmaceuticals companies are in league to make us sick. EAT ONLY CLEAN FOOD. Eat stuff that has not been messed with. Eat whole foods. Stay away from prepackaged anything. Buy your bread at a bakery. Pick out your fruit and bag it yourself. Grow as much of your own food as possible. Stay away from processed foods. These foods just have empty calories. The body is in search of nutrents, not necessarily calories. Sometimes the body needs calories but mostly the body needs nutrients like enzymes, minerals and vitamins. And pills are not a substitute. If you don't get enough of those nutrients you get hungry and want to eat more. Weight gain is a symptom of poor nutrition. Stay healthy and active to keep more of your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment